Shri Krishna Katha - Online Story Telling Contest - Season 2
In the year 2018 Chandramana Shri Krishna Janmashtami will be celebrated on 02.09.2018. On this occasion. Paryaya Shri Palimaru Matha is organizing an online story telling competition for small children with the theme being Lord Krishna.
This is a simple contest. Children may learn any part from the history of Lord Krishna and narrate the story. Once the child is able to narrate the story with fluency, choose a good background and record the narration on your smartphone. Upload the same on youtube. Submit the link to us.
- Children between 3 to 10 years of age may participate in this contest. We repose faith in you with regard to the age of your child. You don’t have to furnish an age certificate for this. Children aged between 3 to 4 years: Group A | Children aged between 5 to 7 years: Group B | Children aged between 8 to 10 years: Group C
- The story may be narrated in Sanskrit, Kannada, Tulu, Tamil, Hindi, Marathi, Konkani, Telugu or Bengali languages.
- The competition will be held in every language as per the age groups mentioned above.
- Children from the same family may participate. They will have an opportunity as per the age groups mentioned.
- The time limit is 5 minutes only. Videos exceeding the 5 minute time limit will be disqualified. Wherein you choose to add an introduction and title to the video, that too will be counted into the total story telling time.
- A child may narrate a story in more than one language.
- After uploading the story to youtube/ facebook, don’t forgetto add the hash tag #palimaru_krishna_katha. Failing to do so will lead to disqualification.
- Last date to upload the video is 25.08.2018 8:00 p.m.
A team of volunteers shall be examine all the videos of the contest and award scores based on the quality. The qualifying videos will be presented to His Holiness and the videos chosen by Him will be awarded.
INSTRUCTION TO UPLOAD VIDEO IN YOUTUBE THROUGH SMART PHONE
1. Activate the phone’s data or Wi-Fi.
The best way to upload a video is to turn on the Wi-Fi connection. You can use the 4G signal, if you have a 4G phone, but you see a warning about data usage surcharges, which is a distinct possibility when you upload a video.
2. From the Apps Menu screen, choose the Gallery app.
3. View the video you want to upload. Or simply have the video displayed on the screen.
4. Touch the Share button, and choose YouTube from the menu.
5. In the description use hash tag #palimaru_krishna_katha along with contestant name and contact details. Failing to do so will lead to disqualification.
6. Touch the Upload button.
You return to the Gallery as the video is being uploaded. It continues to upload, even if the phone falls asleep.
- A certificate of participation will be awarded to all contestants (via email)
- The winning contestant will receive a tulasi bead mala offered to Lord Krishna. Winning female contestants will receive a coral bead mala offered to Lord Krishna.
YOU MAY CONSIDER THESE SUGGESTIONS
- Turn off your TV, mobile phones and other gadgets while recording the narration.
- Choose a place with natural lighting to shoot the video.
- If shooting in a large enclosed space, ensure that the voice does not echo. A space with wooden & cushion furniture is likely to reduce the incidence of echoes.
- Ensure that the costume of the child is in contrast to the colour of the background.
- Teach your child to narrate with confidence and facial expressions.